Friday 22 March 2013

Get Indian Kurti And Salwar Kameez Online



When I married an Indian man, I knew that I was in for a culture shock. I mean, I was prepared for it – he did his best to help me prepare for it! Even so, I was very nervous. I remember the first time I was going with him to meet his parents. Mind you, I didn’t meet them until after we had married because they still live in India. But I was just so determined to impress them – I think I stayed up at night for a week, fretting over it. I wanted to make sure that I would make the right first impression on them. I wanted to show them that I was open to their culture and I wasn’t just some American girl who expected everyone to conform to her whims.
Naturally, as an American girl, my solution to this was shopping. During one of my sleepless nights, I pulled up the Ahaarya website, which my sister-in-law recommended to me. I know that clothing isn’t everything, but in my mind at that moment, looking like I was familiar with Indian outfits for women was the way to make a good first impression. So, I started shopping. I bought some Indian kurtis online for the more casual affairs and for traveling – day-to-day kind of stuff. Then, for parties that we would apparently be undoubtedly attending, I bought some party wear salwar kameez online. I felt quite prepared by the end of it!
Buying a bunch of Indian outfits for women, obviously, did not fully prepare me for all India had in store, but I can’t deny that it made a different, knowing that I was arriving in something that made me feel comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment